Entry notice for the DCCA Individual Competitions 2019/20
Released on 23 September 2019
From Paul Brooks, DCCA Individual Competitions Secretary
Dear chess colleague,
DCCA Individual Competitions 2019/20
Welcome to the new season. This is an invitation to all Devon chess players to compete in the DCCA Individual Competitions – entry is free of charge!
The four competitions we’ll be running this year are:
- The Devon Championship (for the Winter-Wood Championship Cup) – Players graded 170 or over
- The Intermediate Championship (for the Festival of Britain Trophy) – Players graded 140-169
- The Minor Championship (for the E J Winter-Wood Trophy) – Players graded 139 or under
- The Ladies Championship (for the Ladies Championship Challenge Cup) – No grade limit
A quick overview, in case you haven’t entered before…
- All competitions will run between November 2019 and May 2020.
- The format will be all-play-all or knockout, depending on numbers.
- Time control: Each player receives 90 minutes + 30 seconds increment per move to complete the game.
- All matches will be played at weekends (unless both players agree otherwise) and can be played at the home player’s house or a club.
- Some matches will involve travelling, so access to transport would be advantageous.
- You must be an ECF Member (Bronze level or above) to enter.
The entry deadline is Sunday 27 October 2019. To enter, simply email email@example.com with the subject line “DCCA Competition Entry”, specifying the competition you wish to enter, your name, grade, club, and full contact info. Entries via snail mail will also be (reluctantly!) accepted.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, or would like a copy of the full DCCA rules. Many thanks!
Paul Brooks, DCCA Individual Competitions Secretary
Snail mail: 14 Wakehams Close, Modbury, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0RW